Our Members Are Our Owners!
Your Savings Account at Fort Worth City Credit Union represents your "Share" or ownership in our not-for-profit financial cooperative. This means your Savings account is equal to your "share" in the Credit Union, and one vote at the Credit Union Annual Meeting.
You can open a Savings Account at FWCCU with as little as a $25.00 minimum opening deposit. You must maintain a daily balance of at least $25.00 in your share account or your account will be closed.* Savings Accounts accrue interest and earn dividends that are determined by your average daily balance and paid quarterly.
You are now allowed to make six free withdrawals, transfers, or a combination of both from your Savings account each month. After the sixth withdrawal in a month, there will be a $5.00 fee charged for each additional withdrawal. Previously, you could not make more than six per month.
For added peace of mind, rest assured that all accounts are insured through the United States government by the NCUA up to $250,000.
Ready to Become a Member?
Membership in this Credit Union is limited to those persons, including incorporated and unincorporated organizations, who have the following definable community of interests:
- Employees of the City of Fort Worth
- Employees of MedStar
- Employees of museums within the City of Fort Worth including Amon Carter, Kimbell Art Museum, and the Science & Technology Museum
- Employees of specific companies that contract with the City of Ft. Worth to provide services on an ongoing basis, including the Ft Worth Zoological Association, Waste Management, and Stock Show
- Relatives of current employees from the above listed groups
- Persons who live, work, attend school, or worship in Tarrant, Denton, Johnson, Parker and Wise County, and the family members of such persons
After it has been determined that you are eligible, you may open your membership Share/Savings Account. A Share/Savings Account is required to join Fort Worth City Credit Union, and that account must be funded with a minimum of $25.00. After that Savings Account is open and funded, then you may open additional accounts, such as a Checking Account, Certificates of Deposit, and more.*
Stop by the Credit Union, give us a call at 817.732.2803, or print, sign, and mail in the Application Packet below to open an account today!
*May be subject to a fee if no other accounts are open. You will be assessed a $5.00 Quarterly Single Service Fee if you only have a share account and your average monthly balance is less than $100.00. This fee is waived for youth accounts for members under 18 years of age. This fee will not be assessed until 90 days after the membership is opened.